I found some fun crafts and snacks that you can make with the kids for New Years while staying warm and cozy in your home!
Family Resolution BookResolutions -- those little promises that you make to yourself each year but don't necessarily keep. Here's a way to keep you and your family on track with those promises.
What you need:
- A photo album or scrapbook.
- Resolution form (print one for each family member).(Or use your own idea)
Variation: For those who own camcorders -- record each family member talking about his/her resolutions on camera. Take a look at the video every month or so to see how you're doing with your resolutions.
Kaboose has a variety of fun crafts. I liked these:
Paper Plate Noise Maker and Time Capsule
After making all these crafts, you and the kids will be hungry. How about a snack?
Each ingredient in this snack mix symbolizes something associated with the new year
- Bugles Corn Snacks - Represents horns and hats used in New Year's celebrations.
- M&Ms - Resembles colorful confetti thrown to welcome the new year.
- Peanuts - Plant the seeds for peace in the New Year.
- Pretzels - Arms folded in prayer for a safe and happy new year.
- Hershey's Hugs and Kisses - The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
- Goldfish Crackers - For good luck in the new year, represents abundance and togetherness.
- Raisins - Symbolizes 12 grapes eaten at midnight to bring good luck in all 12 months of the new year.
- Gold Foil Covered Coins - For fortune and prosperity.
Use even amounts of all the ingredients listed above or mix and match as you like. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together. You can make this mix as a family and eat while discussing each ingredient and how it relates to the new year.
Whatever you decide to do on New Years, be safe and be happy!