When you have the chance, please take a peek at my page and click on the Haiti fund raising buttons. There are some items for sale, a silent auction, a link to the American Red Cross, and Kimberly from Irish Rose Creations is holding a fundraiser for UNICEF. The money goes directly to UNICEF and not to Kimberly if you are wondering how to be sure your money gets to the people who need it most.
This is from an email I got from UNICEF today:
- Leading all Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) efforts. On January 19, 140 water trucks delivered enough water for 140,000 people.
- Providing bottled water to two hospitals, two orphanages and a police station. 120,000 liters of bottled water delivered to a general hospital in Port-au-Prince on January 17.
- Distributing jerry cans to local hospitals as well.
- Setting up three shelters; one of them is already operational. Child protection services' first priority is to identify and register children separated from families or orphaned.
- Working with seven child protection police brigades and deploying specialists to prevent trafficking at the border.
I know there are many agencies that need our help to help those in Haiti. I am not trying to tell you who to give your money to. BUT if you are still unsure how you CAN help, consider donating to UNICEF.
You can get more information on their website through the link on Irish Rose Creations.